Things to do
For those considering other activities, whether it is outdoor activity, or getting acquainted with the history, culture and cuisine of the area, there are many options, for visitors of all ages.
Options include guided walking tours of Carlingford and Greenore, Bus tours of the Carlingford and Mourne region, Cycling, Mountain Biking, Horse Riding, Sailing, Windsurfing, Canoeing, Fishing, Hill walking to name but some.
Carlingford’s Restaurants are renowned for their quality and value and provide a great way to unwind after a day of activities or sightseeing. There are a number of international golf courses to be found within the Carlingford region.
- Greenore Golf Club - 10 minutes from Carlingford by car
- Carlingford Adventure Centre - fun for all the family, water sports, zip wire park
- On Yer Bike - bicycle rentals to cycle on the greenway
- Take a tour of the Carlingford Brewing Company
- Royal County Down Championship Golf Course, 60 minutes by car
- Carlingford.ie - things to do in Carlingford and wider Cooley region
- Carlingford and Mourne website- for things to do, places to stay, restaurants in the wider area, including North of the border